Tuesday, March 1, 2016

White Christmas in Abilene

My all-time favorite holiday movie is White Christmas! Bing & Danny ... Rosemary & Vera-Ellen ... beautiful costumes, classic song numbers, and some great (and sometimes sly) one-liners that make me laugh every time!

Every other December, the Paramount Theater in Abilene showcases White Christmas as its holiday movie.(In alternate years, the movie is It's a Wonderful Life, which has never been my personal Christmas movie of choice) This year my good friend and I decided that not only did we need to see White Christmas on the big screen, we also needed to dress up! Our inspiration was the beautiful red dresses from the final musical number.

The Paramount was very festive for the event! We got to hear local students perform Christmas tunes before the movie started, as well as during intermission.

The husband and I looking equally festive!


The two women in red! We had stopped at Michael's earlier in the day and found Christmas foliage to make into decorations for our hair. I think it was the perfect look!

It is so much fun to dress up for these kind of events. We had multiple compliments on our outfits and everyone kept asking if we'd just come from a party! I was also pleased that I managed to wear some of the highest heeled shoes that I've ever worn without falling on my butt.

The next time White Christmas comes to the Paramount, my friend said we should go in the blue dresses from the "Sisters" number. I guess we have two years to come up with the outfits! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment