Friday, January 22, 2016

October in Portland, Oregon [Part 3]

The other lovely event happening this trip was the wedding of a close family friend. I've known the bride since I was in High School and she is still a very close friend of my sister. I was so incredibly happy to hear of her engagement ... and was even more pleased when I realized we would be able to attend the wedding!

The venue was the spectacular Elysian Ballroom in downtown Portland. For a virtual tour of the Ballroom, click here!


The husband & I were incredibly color-coordinated and my sister was elegant (and somewhat crazed) in her bridesmaid's black!


I love weddings! Everyone just glows with love and happiness, and the bride and groom were no exception. The entire evening was romantic and beautiful. I actually got up and danced for several songs with another friend also attending the ceremony. (How can you NOT dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller?) Afterwards, my sister and I made sure to get a bunch of pictures of our small group.


We're judging you. Judging.


We took a few more pictures, but eventually said our goodbyes to the newlyweds and headed home!

We only had one more morning in Portland before our flight home, so my sister suggested La Provence Boulangerie & Patisserie. Oh, so tasty! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, but the one I never really make for myself, so this was a real treat! (I'm not sure my nephew was quite awake, though!)


From here, it was last-minute packing and heading for the airport. It's always sad to leave family behind, but I knew we'd be coming back to Portland soon. I just can't stay away!

No comments:

Post a Comment